What should be the most popular topic on my blog?

Monday 2 December 2013

Performing Arts School Galway - Grease

Grease really is the word circling my head at the moment! I never thought the day would come that I'd be finished Grease! I played Jan and honestly, I REALLY enjoyed playing her! She's dorky, fun, energetic and just so much fun! This was my first time playing a real lead part in a musical. We had  a huge number of performers over the four shows with over 180 people taking to the stage.
          Danny (Glen Hunt) and Sandy (Edel McGrath) were so well casted that you'd think that they were being themselves and you don't really know if they're acting. Main Cast also include Kenickie(Seán McDonagh), Rizzo(Karen Kenny), Frenchie(Nicole Brennan), Doody(Jack Malone), Roger( Jonathan Hanly), Marty(Jennifer Quirke), Sonny(Ronan Goulding), Eugene(Conn O'Flynn) and Patty Simcox(Kate Canavan). Each and every one have them have worked extremely hard and for many, this is their second or third show since Hallowe'en.
         The set was absolutely amazing and the car stunned audiences in "Greased Lightning". The show truly was a huge success with fabulous audiences every for every show. Grease truly is a classic!
 
  Here is a video that I used to help me practice 'Mooning'. Both Rodger and Jan sing it. I think the girl who plays Jan in this is really talented and I thought she was the best I could find on youtube. Also, Rodger in this has a fabulous voice.


This is a picture of Jamie Donnelly who played Jan in the 1977 movie.
John Travolta played Danny and Olivia Newton-John played Sandy in the movie.

The show was absolutely fabulous and I'm so proud to say I worked with such an amazing cast and such wonderful, kind people.



No comments:

Post a Comment